Tuesday, October 17, 2006

D-R-A-M-A!!!


Friday night was filled with drama. I dont even know where to start......
Ok, after a long day at work, i decided to go out for a drink with a colleague before going home. Somewhere in the middle of the outing, my phone rings and it HIM. o, i forgot to tell u this. i sent him a text in the morning telling him to take a walk (oh dear! i have a lot of explaining to do or else u'll be lost but i have to go on cos this gist is at the tip of my tongue). Ms. Teva, u have been asking me to kick his ass abi? well i finally did.

so he called to find out what my text meant and i told him that it meant exactly what it said. there was a lot of talking, arguing and all. at a point i had to excuse myself from my table and go outside. anyway, he asked where i was and i said i was OUT.
"out where?", he asked.
"none of your business", was my reply.
"You are moving on quite fast" (I had told him earlier in our conversation that i wanted to move on with my life)
he said he was on his way to my house and I said that's too bad cos I wasnt about to go home then.
He asked if he could come and meet me and drop me at home. i told him i dint trek to where i was and that he wasnt the only car owner in Lagos.
we argued some more, he begged me togive him another chance and i said no cos i already gave him like a zillion chances and he blew them all. At the end he said, that i may have decided to let go but he WONT let go. I was like whatever, but i was thinking "that's scary..."
Next thing he said he was going to be in front of my house waiting for me.
i took my time, and when i entered my street, his car was unmistakably parked in front of my gate!!! i almost freaked out. I expected him to be there cos he is crazy but i was really hoping he would be normal for once. anyway, we drive down to the end of the stree to make a turn and i call the househelp to open the gat and stand there. so as soon as i got down from the car, i gave HIM a quick wave and dashed into the house. he was sitting in the car, confident that i would stop and at least say hello. he must have been in shock. I understand he waited out there for long. i guess he thought i was going to come out (maybe i just went to drop something).
After he waited for a while, he called me and asked if iwasnt going to come out. i said NO. and he starts going on and on about how i embarrassed him in front of my househelp. i asked if if he dint think he had bigger problems than his wounded pride? anyway, he finally decides to go.
my colleague calls to find out how i was doing and while we were talking, he started calling me. he must have called about 10 times before i finally decided to take his call. and then he was ranting, why didnt i take his call, that i should have known it was something serious cos he called me several times (at this point i asked hime about all the times in the past i would call him several times and he wouldnt pick). he said he had an accident. i asked him where he was and he said Third Mainland Bridge!!!
unfortunately, there was nothing i could do for him cos this was at about 11.30p.m
he said he already called his friends and they were coming to get him. according to him, all he had was a cut on his head, the car wasnt seriously damaged.
so i called like 30-45 mins later and he dint pick. i kpet callin and his friend picked and said he was at the hospital but he couldnt talk cos he had passed out.
somewhere along the line i started to doubt the whole story (reasons in another blog). anyway, i wen to bed and at about 2 his call woke me up. he started to beg. he begged until he ranout of airtime and the next day as early as 6am or so he had sent for credit and he resumed his begging. he said all sorts. at a point, he was like 'i guess R.Kelly was right.....when a woman's fed up'
i had to struggle to keep myself from laughing. anyway, he said a lot, i just kept listening. i had a training on saturday morning so i had to dismiss him or i would have been late (i just made it on time anyway cos all the time i should have used in getting ready was spent listing to rubbish).
i told him i had made up my mind and i wasn't going back.

I need to get back to work now. more stories later!

3 comments:

Teva said...

oh girl, the drama in your life is worth a whole movie...so its just now he's knowing that he wants you back eh??? He never jam!!! By the way, you didnt Uuuhhuh right??...Gal, you need to call me and fill in the blanks!!!

Neena said...

if i knew this was the reaction i would get, i would have been threatening to leave him everyday. lol.
I kinda enjoyed all the attention i got in just one night. but that's the END!

Neena said...

Tinu, u r not serious! fill in the balnks ko, fill in the blanks ni.